Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chain, Chain, Change......

I connect with the "continuous innovation" part of the OCLS mission statement. Not only do I think that is the key element of a successful library, but it has been one of the big reasons I am so excited to be a part of this system. I see us creating a "well-informed, well-connected community, making Orange County a great place to live, learn, work and play" by doing the following:
Promoting and conducting various educational/entertaining/informative programs to adults, teens and children
Finding new and different ways to connect to our patrons (ocls website, text, well designed fliers/posters, YouTube videos, etc)
Offering free computer classes & continuing to add updated classes (such as they just did with adding Mac classes)
Giving the patrons access to their account online and by phone
Offering instantly accessible books/movies/etc online
...And so much more!

1 comment:

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

Great Post Ren! I hate to say "thanks for sharing" because it is so cliche, but I did enjoy reading your post - so thanks!

Tom

 
Meez 3D avatar avatars games